Re: Descriptive Title of the project Michael DeShazo 21 Jan 2009 16:51 EST

It may have more to do with the HTML/XML (the programming language) that is used in displaying information in Commons than anything else.  There may be ways to get it to display it more properly but I can't recall those off the top of my head at the moment.

I hope someone can help you out,
Michael DeShazo, CRA
Budget/Fiscal Analyst Lead
206-616-8062
Box 351122

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Zoya Hamilton
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:27 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Descriptive Title of the project

I submitted a proposal to NIH today, and it's title is not displayed
properly in Commons. I want to fix it and resubmit, but when I look at
the submitted application the title looks fine.

This is the title in the application (cover page item 11): WordWord-Word
Word - Word. This is how it is displayed in Commons: WordWord???Word -
Word. The dash is not the double dash. The only irregularity with the
format that I can think of is no spaces on both sides of the dash.

Any insights? How do I get rid of the three question marks?

Thanks very much.

--
Zoya Hamilton, CRA
Sr. Associate Director, Research Administration