Re: NSF collaborative proposal - can they choose only one? Altieri, Joanne [VPRED] 22 Dec 2008 12:19 EST

Paul, I agree completly.  Thank you.

Joanne

-----Original Message-----

From:  "Kris Wolff" <xxxxxx@FORDHAM.EDU>
Subj:  [RESADM-L] NSF collaborative proposal - can they choose only one?
Date:  Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:16 am
Size:  1K
To:  "xxxxxx@hrinet.org" <xxxxxx@hrinet.org>

Hi Folks,

My co-worker and I are having a discussion about NSF separate, linked
collaborative proposals - she said it's always been her understanding that
NSF can choose just one institution to fund if they want to, whereas if it's
just one proposal with a subcontract to the other institution, they either
fund the project or don't.

I have never heard this, and I can't find anything about it on the GPG.  My
understanding is regardless of whether it's one proposal with a subcontract,
or two (or more) linked proposals, NSF either funds the project or doesn't
fund it, they don't choose one institution to fund and leave the other one
out in the cold.

Who is correct?

Thanks,

Kris