Re: G.G Problem with EPA P3 Student Design Competition for Sustainability?? Barbara Gray 04 Dec 2008 09:45 EST

This is very weird.  Our PI at first created his proposal using the Q1 package (agriculture).  The version he created says it is for individuals only, and the DUNS is pre-populated with the "000000000INDV."  When I realized that he meant to apply for Q3 (energy), I started a whole new application for him.  That was two days ago.  At that time, the Q3 application also said it was for individuals and had the DUNS pre-populated with the "...INDV."  This morning, I pulled up all six application packages (Q1-Q6) and now all say they are for organizations and you can enter a DUNS in all of them.  I just finished creating a brand new P3 application package for our PI, and I could enter our DUNS.  The application looks fine now.  The only thing I can think of is that someone at EPA recognized the error and fixed it sometime after I started my first Q3 application.  I would think that maybe I'm losing my marbles, except that I have the two saved application files--the PI's original Q1 file and my first Q3 file--that prove that the application packages were different a couple of days ago.  Hopefully now no one else will have a problem submitting for this particular program.
bg

Ms. Barbara H. Gray
Director of Grants & Contracts
Valdosta State University
1500 North Patterson Street
Valdosta, GA  31698-0429

Telephone:  229-333-7837
Fax:  229-245-3853
Email:  xxxxxx@valdosta.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Robert R Beattie 1
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:31 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] G.G Problem with EPA P3 Student Design Competition for Sustainability??

There are 6 versions of this application:
EPA-G2009-P3-Q1 – Agriculture
EPA-G2009-P3-Q2 – Materials and Chemicals
EPA-G2009-P3-Q3 – Energy
EPA-G2009-P3-Q4 – Information Technology
EPA-G2009-P3-Q5 – Water
EPA-G2009-P3-Q6 – Built Environment

I looked at Q6 and Q1, both of these had the note  "This opportunity is
only open to organizations, applicants who are submitting grant
applications on behalf of a company, state, local or tribal government,
academia, or other type of organization"

Which one did you open with the Individual Application note?  Perhaps it is
a mistake in formatting.  Why not contact the person listed as Agency
Contact
"Please contact Ron Josephon at (202) 343-9643."

I would like to see the one you did open. Which was it? If it is, indeed,
only for an individual, then you cannot send it as your organization AOR --
the DUNS number conflict will cause a G.g error.  Whomever sends it must
register as an individual to submit.  You, as an organization
representative,  could still submit as such, if it must be sent that way.
You would need to do the individual registration.

Sometimes, there is an option to submit as individual or organization.  Is
there a check box by the note you cite?

Let us know what happens.

Bob
Robert Beattie
University of Michigan

.On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:50:47 -0500, Barbara Gray <xxxxxx@VALDOSTA.EDU>
wrote:
> We're preparing and application for the EPA's "6th Annual P3 Awards: A
> National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on
People,