Re: NSF salary limits Carrie Corti 17 Nov 2008 13:36 EST

Nancy, can you say which division of NSF you were applying to when you had
this restriction?  I was of the understanding that you could have 2 months
salary effort max.

Carrie A. Corti
Assistant Director for Grant Services
Sponsored Programs
SUNY New Paltz - HAB 805
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY  12561-2443

(845) 257-3281
FAX (845) 257-3284
xxxxxx@newpaltz.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Nancy Dufau
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 11:56 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] NSF salary limits

As I wasn't able to attend NCURA this year, I wondered if the NSF sessions
may have provided any guidance on salary request levels for faculty.  More
specifically, recently we had been instructed by a NSF program officer not
to request more than one-month of funding support for a PI on a grant as the
reviews would be negative if we requested more, budgets were tight, and
because the they had not funded anyone in this competition who had requested
more than a month of support in the previous year.  We're getting ready to
submit a proposal to a different directorate and I'm wondering if others
have heard anything like this.

Any insights will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nancy