Re: IACUC Needed When No Animals? Kristy Ford 29 Oct 2008 12:39 EST

What may need to be done is for the institution to form some type of formal agreement with another nearby institution to utilize their IACUC for all protocol involving vertebrate animals, therefore also allowing you to use their AWA number in the application.

Kristy Ford
Grant Management Manager
Financial Reporting Administration
Memorial University Medical Center
Savannah, GA  31404
(912)350-6379

>>> Kris Wolff <xxxxxx@FORDHAM.EDU> 10/29/2008 1:32 PM >>>
I would guess they are concerned that they will have no Animal Welfare
Assurance number to declare on the application form itself.  If they check
that vertebrate animals are being used (technically, they are) then the AWA
is a required field in Grants.gov, isn't it?

Kris Wolff, MA, CRA

Grants Officer

Office of Sponsored Programs

Fordham University @ Rose Hill