Re: NEH Summer Stipend Institutional Nominator Email Rodriguez, Sylvia A 15 Oct 2008 14:53 EST

Sylvia Rodriguez is no longer with our University.  Can you please cancel this email address.  If you have any questions, please call Delia Terrell (915) 747-7940.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Beth W Seaton
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:24 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] NEH Summer Stipend Institutional Nominator Email

We submitted two names and I, the nominating official, only received one notification from NEH.  One of our nominees had grants.gov problems and although he persisted and thought he had succeeded--he has two grants.gov tracking numbers--NEH never received his proposal.  NEH said that they will not accept it now since they didn't get it from Grants.gov.  Very unfortunate.

Beth Seaton
Western Illinois University

From: Porter, JoAnn <xxxxxx@UCDENVER.EDU>
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Date: 10/15/2008 11:34 AM

> We have two faculty members who have applied for a NEH Summer Stipend
> (10/1/08 deadline). I just checked with our institutional nominator to
> see if he received an email that required him to confirm that these
> two individuals were selected by our institution for submission. He
> said he hasn’t received anything.
>
> Has anyone on the listserv helped indlviduals apply to this program?
> Has their institutional nominator received anything yet? If so, what
> would the email look like and what address would it have been sent
> from. Would you have contact information at NEH to ask?
>
> Both faculty members said their references did get something and were
> asked to submit.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> JoAnn

Betty Farbman