Re: Pilot Projects under NIH Prime Award Charlie Hathaway 08 Oct 2008 13:47 EST

I'm a little confused by your use of the phrase "under NIH prime
award".  But if these are distinct competing applications for
independent funding, the same "science" should not be under review
more than once during the same cycle.  This certainly applies to all
NIH institutes and the mechanism/announcement is not relevant (i.e.
you can't submit the same aims for both an R01 and R21 or submit to
both the Parent R01 and an R01 RFA).

I think (?)  it applies across the whole federal govt but I'm not
sure whether any pair outside NIH-NSF would take notice...i.e.
enforce the rule.

Charlie