Re: Grants.gov and Adobe Beauchamp, Susan K 06 Oct 2008 14:54 EST

Linda,
I have the same problem.  I have to open the Adobe 8.1.2 and then download the forms.  We are solving the problem by ordering Adobe 9 Professional. - Kay

Kay Beauchamp, CRA
Assistant Director - Office of Sponsored Programs
601 University  Drive, JCK 420
Texas State University - San Marcos
Phone:  (512)245-2102
Fax:  (512)245-1822
xxxxxx@txstate.edu
 Texas State University-San Marcos is a member of the Texas State University System

NOTE:  This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or his or her agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.  Unless otherwise indicated, all information included within this document and any documents attached should be considered working papers of this office, subject to the laws of the State of Texas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Linda Brown
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 2:03 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov and Adobe

Hi All, I have the correct version of Adobe Reader (8.1.2) to download
applications from Grants.gov.  My problem is that I also have Adobe
Acrobat 7.0 Professional on my computer.  When I try to open a package
from grants.gov it automatically finds the Adobe Acrobat 7.0 instead of
Adobe Reader 8.1.2.  How can I get my grants.gov package to open in
Reader 8.1.2 instead of Acrobat 7.0?  Thanks, LB

--
Linda Brown, Associate Director
Maryland Institute for Policy Analysis and Research