Re: Masters in Research Administration Robert Salinas 03 Oct 2008 15:58 EST

For me, yes, I'm interested in obtaining a graduate degree in the
research administration area as I don't want to get a Master's in
Accounting. I have yet to apply a single thing that I learned while
getting my Bachelor's in Accounting as a research administrator.
Besides the email from Melissa below, I didn't know an MRA even existed.
So I was basically going to get my CRA and be marketable with only that
(and my experience, of course).   It seems now I have an opportunity to
do both (CRA and MRA).

Cheers,
Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim A Pachetti [mailto:xxxxxx@tufts.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 1:51 PM
To: Research Administration Discussion List; Robert Salinas
Cc: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Masters in Research Administration

i have to ask...is this of interest only to folks who don't already
have a graduate degree and/or certification and/or the perception that
even if you have the 1 or both of the previous, that you are more
valuable/marketable to earn such a degree in research admin?  it's
popped up here in the boston area too, at a local small college...and
seems to be all the rage...
just curious...

Quoting Robert Salinas <xxxxxx@ASU.EDU>:

> I was wondering the exact same thing.   If so, I'm very interested!
:-)

> Robert Salinas
>
> Research Advancement Administrator
>
> Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
>
> Tempe, AZ  85287-6106
>
> (480)727-9292; Fax (480)965-1384
>
> http://mae.fulton.asu.edu <http://mae.fulton.asu.edu/>

Kim A. Pachetti, Ed.M., C.R.A.