Re: Small Business Subcontracting Plan Tina Leggett 29 Jul 2008 12:54 EST

Hi,

I too would be interested: xxxxxx@armstrong.edu
Thanks,

*************************************
Tina Leggett
Grants Administrator
Armstrong Atlantic State University
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah Georgia 31419-1997
(912) 344-2666

>>> Christopher Stastny <xxxxxx@UMDNJ.EDU> 7/29/2008 1:21 PM >>>
Hello,

I would also be interested in this. xxxxxx@umdnj.edu

Chris
----------

Christopher M. Stastny
Program Administrator

UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
675 Hoes Lane West
Room R-109
Piscataway, NJ 08854

P: (732)-235-4338
F: (732)-235-5534
E: xxxxxx@umdnj.edu

On Jul 29, 2008, at 11:10 AM, Newton, Debbie wrote:

> We are in the process of negotiating federal flow through contracts

> with a NEW federal flow through group.  Among the issues we’ve been

> “discussing” is the flow down of 52.219-9 Small Business
> Subcontracting Plan.  They have made the interpretation that the
> $550K “kick in” includes both the federal contracted amount AND
cost
> sharing (which in this case includes matching funds from a private
> company).  Once you add in the cost sharing, the amount goes over
> $550K.
>
> They have asked us for a Small Business Subcontracting Plan for the

> total amount.  I have argued but they are sticking to their
> interpretation that the total amount of the project is the
> “contract” amount.  The prescribing clause hasn’t helped much
and
> other suggestions I’ve received from other colleagues haven’t
gotten
> me anywhere with them either.  Can ANYONE provide me with the
> location of more detailed language that I can use to back this down?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Deb
>
> Debbie Newton
> Senior Associate Director
> Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
> The University of Tulsa
> 800 S Tucker Drive
> Tulsa, OK  74104
> Phone:  (918) 631-2192