Re: PIs leaving institutions Gibbs, Patricia 28 Jul 2008 12:01 EST

Please send me a copy as well as xxxxxx@mail.ecsu.edu. It would be
greatly appreciated.

Patricia Gibbs
Director of Sponsored Programs
Elizabeth City State University
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
252-335-3222

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Wilkinson, Judith A
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 3:27 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] PIs leaving institutions

At the 2007 Central Region AUTM meeting I moderated a panel titled:
Relationships Academic Style Prenuptials and Separations(Exit and
Entrance Interviews). I have the power point presentations if anyone is
interested. It was a great topic--obviously.

The panel described the various stakeholders with interests in entrance
and exit interviews.

This was the Objective: Discussion of the utilization of internal
controls and due diligence procedures to protect institution's tangible
and intangible research assets and commitments when researcher is
joining or separating from institution.

Areas of interest discussed--
Property: Tangible & Intangible--
Biological Material
Research Processes
Proprietary Information
Patents (prior/current)
DOI (prior/current)
Equipment
Collaborations/Agreements
Work products - data, email, documents

I can provide you with the powerpoints if you request.

Jude Wilkinson, JD
Office of Research
Fiscal Officer & Industrial Liaison
Indiana University