Re: No Cost Extension impact on effort reporting? Parker, Paul 25 Jul 2008 06:35 EST

Lisa, here is the link to a form that we developed awhile ago.
You bring up a good point regarding continued effort of the PI.
We assume that the effort originally proposed would continue.

http://research.binghamton.edu/Forms/Request%20for%20No%20Cost%20Extensi
on.pdf

Paul C. Parker
Associate Vice President for
 Research Administration
State University of New York
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY  13902-6000
607-777-6752  Fax 607-777-4354
email:  xxxxxx@binghamton.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Lisa Williams
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:56 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] No Cost Extension impact on effort reporting?

Hello -

I would appreciate some guidance on how to treat no cost extensions and
their impact on PI/Co-PI effort tracking and reporting.  When requesting
an NCE, would you typically assume or request a commitment from the PI
for the same level effort over the extension period as was committed
during the original project period (cost shared or paid), or would you
ask your PI to commit the only amount of effort required to complete the
project?  Is anyone aware of any references to this in federal sponsor
policies?

Also, if anyone has a form they use (rather, they have their PIs use)
to initiate NCEs and is willing to share, I'd like to see it.

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Williams, CRA
Office of Sponsored Programs