Re: DUNS numbers Cox, E Christine 07 Jul 2008 14:32 EST

We tried using the single DUNS number with extensions for our different
campuses, but that system did not work.  As I recall, the problem
pertained to CCR.  So, each campus of the University uses a different
DUNS number for sponsored programs administration.  We occasionally
accrue extraneous DUNS numbers because departments and/or individual PIs
directly request them, and our Controller/AVP periodically gets rid of
those numbers.

Chris Cox
Director of Sponsored Programs
The University of Tennessee
1534 White Avenue
Knoxville, TN   37996-1529
xxxxxx@utk.edu
865-974-2465
FAX 865-974-2805

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Lesley Zajac
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 11:51 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] DUNS numbers

I thought that since the DUNS is linked to the FEID in the CCR for
grants.gov you had to have a unique DUNS.  Seems to be multiple numbers
could cause reporting problems later when FFATA gets going.

Lesley S. Zajac
Director, Research Administration
Jaeb Center for Health Research
15310 Amberly Drive