Re: Monthly Effort Reporting Question Chamness, Laurie Powers 25 Jun 2008 12:04 EST

We now use the "Plan-Confirmation" method described in A-21, J10c(1),
which requires statements at least annually (see J10c(1)(e).

Both, the "After-the-fact Activity Records" method described in J10c(2)
and the "Multiple Confirmation Records" method described in J10c(3)
allow time cards to qualify as records for the monthly effort reports of
those employees for whom the time cards are used as original
documentation for payroll charges--see J10c(2)(f) and J10c(3)(g).

Laurie Chamness, Director
Office of Research & Grants Administration
College of Charleston
66 George St.
Charleston, SC  29424

Campus Location: 407-G AT&T (Bellsouth) Bldg.
Voice:  843.953.5885 Fax:  843.953.6577
E-mail: xxxxxx@cofc.edu
Internet:  http://www.orga.cofc.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Diane Domanovics
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:43 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Monthly Effort Reporting Question

Good morning,

We are in the midst of gathering information regarding effort reporting
for non
professorial and professional staff.  As A-21 states, effort reports
will be
prepared no less frequently than monthly.....My question is how are you
handling this requirement? If preferred, you can contact me directly.

I appreciate the feedback and apologize for the generalization,

Diane

Diane Domanovics, CRA
Director, Sponsored Projects Accounting
Case Western Reserve University