Re: question re: PDF appl pkgs in Grants.gov -- anyone else seeing a filetype of 7.0 and an "opens with 8.1" on the properties? beattie@xxxxxx 06 Jun 2008 17:07 EST

You can use the 7.0 for making .pdf files to attach to applications
BUT do not open and prepare, or submit applications with it.

Make Reader 8.1.2 the default to open files.  If you are running on a
Non-MAC whichever program is open when you then open the application
will be the program which will open the application. Windows seems to
let you open only one or the other.  On a Mac you can open both.  So
make reader the default and be sure 7.0 is not open when you start
working on the application.

I would say that you should just get rid of 7.0 and upgrade to Pro
8.1.2 but that might be expensive.  Do it if you can afford it.

Bob
Robert Beattie
University of Michigan