Re: Grants.gov confirmation beattie@xxxxxx 06 Jun 2008 10:44 EST

This is a glitch that the G.g staff know about and the new Director
has asked them to fix it.  Note that they can only fix things when the
do a new "build."  It seems that only a certain number of things can
get fixed in one build.  That is why the first two new Adobe receipt
messages have the Grant Number first in the subject line.  In future
builds they will fix the subject lines of the second two messages, and
hopefully the "Push Pin" problem.  Builds occur about every 3-4 months.

I am compiling a list of problems with the new Adobe forms.  I have
recieved a number of items such as the two page confirmation page, too
much text and not enough errors liste in the Check for Errors, the
unnecessary need to get rid of the warning message when leaving a
field empty, the problem reading forms that can be fixed by having the
field name in a different font from the data element.
The push pin and the lack of grant number in front of subject, are on
the list.

Please send along any other aspects of the new Adobe forms that you
find "user unfriendly."  I will put them togehter and pass along the
the G.g staff to include in future builds.  xxxxxx@umich.edu

Thanks

Bob

Robert Beattie