Re: Question regarding Fly America Act and Cost Share Hefren, Judy 22 May 2008 06:40 EST

I have always understood that to be allowable as cost share, the expense
must be allowable as a direct charge - therefore, Fly America would
apply.

Judy Hefren
Assistant Director for Compliance
Sponsored Research Accounting Services
Florida State University
850.645.0385
-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Parker, Paul
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:36 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Question regarding Fly America Act and Cost
Share

Interesting question.  Depending on the source of the match we would
not apply the same restrictions.  And it goes both ways.  We've used
state funds for match that have more restrictions than federal funds.
We have numerous projects with industry match and we have used the
industry match for costs that may come in to question on the federal
side and use of non US carrier would be one of them.

Paul C. Parker
Associate Vice President for
 Research Administration
State University of New York