Re: Determination of Animal Facility charges to investigators - calculation?? Solberg, Jackie 15 May 2008 13:16 EST

It is the Cost Analysis and Rate Setting Manual from the NCRR - I just
happen to have a printed copy of it on my desk.  Why, you ask?  (Don't
ask!)  Here's the link:

http://www.ncrr.nih.gov/publications/comparative_medicine/CARS.pdf

Jackie Solberg, CRA
Director, PreAward & Regulatory Compliance
Research Administration
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street (99WCED)
Boston, MA  02114
(T)  617-573-6961
(F)  617-573-4108

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Arthur Eisenberg
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:47 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Determination of Animal Facility charges to
investigators - calculation??

I recall there is a lengthy document used to "calculate/estimate" what
animal care charges should be.

Could someone forward a link or something to that kind of document?  I'm
not sure if it was an NIH document or not.  I know there is info on the
topic in A-21 - but that's different from the specifics I seem to recall
in the extensive document I'm referring to.

Any and all help appreciated.

Arthur Eisenberg
SUNY College of Optometry
Research Administration