Re: Adobe Transition Timeline plus rant Rivaleau, Susan A. 27 Mar 2008 13:41 EST

Hello, everyone,

I echo the thanks to Bob for helping us understand this process.

I am also concerned about another agency, the USDA Forest Service, and
how at least our local/regional office is requiring use of the revised
grant application forms from the Grants.gov site.  We have been told
that the Forest Service's paper forms reached their expiration, and they
are now requiring us to access the standard forms via Grant.gov to use
in lieu of the paper forms we have always used with them.

The problem is, we are not *submitting* these forms to the Forest
Service via Grants.gov.  We are simply accessing them, and as the PDF
versions are not fillable, that requires opening up the PureEdge
Versions, filling them out to the extent possible, printing them,
signing them and mailing them to the agency.  And by the way, it also
requires whiting out some of the prefilled items to put in correct
information that cannot be done on the screen before printing.  This
strikes me as an absurd exercise.

I cannot see a way to access the forms via the OMB website or Forest
Service Website, and the Forest Service folks are aware that they are
not in a fillable format.  The agency administrators are sympathetic,
but they're not running the show on this...

Has anyone else out there encountered this?  Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Susan