Re: Query: Entry-Level ResAdm Positions - Who do you hire? Sally J Southwick 19 Mar 2008 12:37 EST

As someone with a doctorate in a non-science field, I've found that many
of my colleagues who are SROs at smaller institutions have academic
backgrounds (whether PhD or ABD) and deliberately chose to work in
research administration. While Jim's question is not directed at those
of us in the humanities and social sciences, we, like Pam, opted out of
tenure-track careers for a variety of reasons and are now quite
committed to our work with faculty and able to work closely with them,
given our academic experiences before choosing administrative professions.

Best,
Sally

P.S. Jim - Hi from Bates!

Sally J. Southwick
Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Bates College
2 Andrews Road
Lewiston, ME 04240
(207)-786-6240