Re: Home Internet/DSL Charges Margarita M. Cardona 18 Mar 2008 16:34 EST

We have had prior-approval requests for these charges denied by NASA. There
is no control over home internet use, so you cannot tell if the service will
be used for work only. Our university allows the charge from state accounts,
but NEVER from federal awards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Anne Footer
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:47 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Home Internet/DSL Charges

Can anyone provide me with a written policy addressing allowability
of reimbursing home internet/DSL charges from a Federal award?  I
have two requests pending:  one for an employee who lives near campus
and occasionally works from home, and the second from an out-of-state
employee who works full-time on a grant, and who is requesting 100%
reimbursement of his home internet charges.

Thanks!