Re: Indirect Cost (F&A) Rates Charged on Clinical Trials Surprenant, James M. 23 Feb 2008 06:57 EST

Hi Tina,

The Clinical Trial IDC rate at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston is
25%.  Please let me know if you need additional information - I'd like to
receive a copy of the revised final survey as well.

Take care,
James

JAMES M. SURPRENANT, MBA
Department of Surgery
BRIGHAM AND WOMEN'S HOSPITAL
Tel: 617-525-7409 ¨ Fax: 617-525-7723

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Tina Noonan
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 2:29 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Indirect Cost (F&A) Rates Charged on Clinical Trials

Here at Indiana University, we are currently charging 25% on industry-
sponsored clinical trials.  And, yes, this is a different rate than our
federally
negotiated rate.  I've attached a rate survey that I worked on last year for a
different listserv, and it was updated in November based on conversations one
of my colleagues had with other institutions at NCURA.  If anyone would like to
add to this survey, or provide more up-to-date information about your
institution, please contact me at xxxxxx@iupui.edu.  I will then compile the

Also, for those who have increased their rates during the last couple of years
(particularly if you went to 30% or above), could you let me know what
reaction you got from sponsors?  Did you see a decrease in studies?  (And,
thank you Pam for providing this information about U of Mississippi.)

Tina Noonan
Interim Director, Award Services
Indiana University
Indianapolis, IN

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.