Re: What to do with "Incentive Funds?" Kristy Ford 19 Feb 2008 07:41 EST

I agree with Diana.  These are accounts set up for any residual funds or funds like what you are asking about that may be remaining in a grant account at the time that it ends and is allowed to be retained by your univ.  The accounts could be at the department level, dean level, or what ever level your university determines to be appropriate.  These accounts roll over from year to year, so the univ. does not lose the funds at the end of the fiscal year.

Kristy

Kristy Ford
Grant Management Manager
Office of Sponsored Programs/MHUMC
4750 Waters Ave. Suite 212
Savannah, GA  31404
(912)350-6379

>>> "Key, Diana" <xxxxxx@ADMIN.FSU.EDU> 2/18/2008 4:14 PM >>>
If your sub-agreement clearly states that you are not accountable for
the incentive money and you are entitled to keep it as long as your
participation is acceptable/complete, I would treat it just like a
fixed-price residual. At FSU that would mean moving the budget/cash from
the grant project account to what we call an internal PI Research
Support account.

Diana

Diana L. Key   :)

Assistant Director