Re: Fwd: US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA08-043A -- Adobe Reader and Acrobat Vul Laurie Blumberg-Romero 14 Feb 2008 09:04 EST

On Monday (which was after 2/8/08), Adobe 8.1.2 gave me the error message so I uninstalled and put 8.1.1 on my machine.

Laurie

Laurie Blumberg-Romero
Research Administrator
Center for Care Innovation and Research
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
2525 Chicago Ave South, 17-750
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612) 813-7628 phone
(612) 813-7883 fax
>>> "Bloomberg, Robert" <xxxxxx@TUFTS-NEMC.ORG> 02/14/08 7:46 AM >>>
Has anybody out there tested 8.1.2 to confirm that it will work?

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org]On Behalf Of Kerry Nare
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:06 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Fwd: US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA08-043A -- Adobe Reader and Acrobat Vul

There's an announcement posted on Grants.gov dated 2/8/08 which says that Adobe 8.1.2 is compatible with Grants.gov.

Kerry Nare
UC San Diego

>>> "Shapiro, Steve" <xxxxxx@UOREGON.EDU> 2/13/2008 3:57 PM >>>
At University of Oregon, we've been looking at the XML differences
between Reader 8.1.1 and Professional. There are differences, but we
have not been able to determine if the differences will be the same
across multiple packages.  So we don't think we can determine
programatically if a package is corrupt prior to submission.

We have not looked at the XML differences between 8.1.1 and 8.1.2. We'll
put our thinking caps on and maybe have an answer in a week or so, but
by then, hopefully Grants.Gov will have responded to this.

We try to stay on top of these issues, but we missed this one.  Thanx,
Bob for bringing it to our attention.

steve shapiro
University of Oregon