Re: Fwd: US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA08-043A -- Adobe Reader and Acrobat Vulnerabilities Shapiro, Steve 13 Feb 2008 18:57 EST

At University of Oregon, we've been looking at the XML differences
between Reader 8.1.1 and Professional. There are differences, but we
have not been able to determine if the differences will be the same
across multiple packages.  So we don't think we can determine
programatically if a package is corrupt prior to submission.

We have not looked at the XML differences between 8.1.1 and 8.1.2. We'll
put our thinking caps on and maybe have an answer in a week or so, but
by then, hopefully Grants.Gov will have responded to this.

We try to stay on top of these issues, but we missed this one.  Thanx,
Bob for bringing it to our attention.

steve shapiro
University of Oregon

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Bob Beattie
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:59 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Fwd: US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert
TA08-043A -- Adobe Reader and Acrobat Vulnerabilities

Another blast about Adobe.  Whatever else bad we had to say about
PureEdge, at least it was stable:)

Our IT Manager brought this to my attention, pretty scary. What do
our IT Colleagues on the listserv think about this.

I think I will recommend to our campus to now upgrade to Adobe Reader
8.1.2.  This is just a week after I said to up grade to 8.1.1 :(

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu