Re: Payment for DSMB members Robert Bienkowski 13 Feb 2008 12:57 EST

A key characteristic of DSMBs is the independence of the members.
Usually, they are not employed by the institution where the research is being conducted.
You are asking people to review a lot of data and SAEs, come together (either in person or by videoconference), deliberate and make recommendations about whether a study should be terminated or allowed to continue.

I see nothing wrong with reimbursing these folks for their time and effort.
How does this differ from paying NIH Study Section members a per diem?

Bob Bienkowski

--
Robert S Bienkowski, PhD
xxxxxx@att.net