Re: NDA Michael Wetherholt 06 Feb 2008 16:15 EST

All NDAs run through the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) at Murray State
University. For our PIs use we have a template NDA and we'll review an NDA
from an outside source as well. I as the Director of the OSP sign all NDAs.
If a faculty choose to do work outside of the scope of the University then
they would be permitted to sign an NDA but we would encourage them to let us
review the NDA for their protection.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
sponsoredprograms
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 2:25 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] NDA

Colleagues-

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the following:

-Are all Nondisclosure Agreements (NDA) run through your grants office?

-If NDA's are not run through your grants office, who reviews and signs off?

-Are faculty allowed to sign off on a NDA with industry when it involves
work that is in essence not considered consulting or outside of the realm of
their institutional duties?  Specifically, if the NDA does not involve a
sponsored research agreement, but would involve research a student is doing
with a startup company and a faculty member is providing oversight for
course credit, who would sign?

-Do you have any NDA examples that you can share?

Please feel free to email me directly at xxxxxx@elon.edu
<mailto:xxxxxx@elon.edu> , if you prefer.

Thank you.

Bonnie S. Bruno, MPA

Director, Sponsored Programs

IRB Administrator

Elon University

2610 Campus Box, Elon, NC  27244

Phone: (336) 278-6603 (336) 278-6606 Fax

www.elon.edu/sponsoredprograms <http://www.elon.edu/sponsoredprograms>