Re: Grants.gov Adobe Forms New Wrinkle Corey Burger 06 Feb 2008 09:37 EST

Good catch Edward, I didn't even think about that.  It is nice to know it can be turned off.

Thanks,

S. Corey Burger
Sponsored Programs Administrator
Utah State University ~ Sponsored Programs Office
Voice: (435) 797-1661 ~ Email:  xxxxxx@usu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Carramanzana, Edward (OSP)
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 5:15 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov Adobe Forms New Wrinkle

Happened to me as well. I caught it before it fully downloaded 8.1.2

The default on my Reader was to download updates and install
automatically!

To turn off auto update:

1. Open up Reader
2. Help/Check for Updates...
3. It will show updates available.
4. Select Preferences
5. Uncheck "Automatically check for Adobe Updates"
6. Press OK

Edward Carramanzana
OSP Data Administrator
City of Hope / Beckman Research Institute
Office of Sponsored Projects
(626) 256-4673 x65792