Re: IRB review of Outside/External Protocols Schoen, Alexander 04 Feb 2008 14:21 EST

Be aware that your IRB is responsible for IRB oversight of the project.

Alexander Schoen
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Winthrop-University Hospital
222 Station Plaza North, Suite 510
Mineola, NY  11501
Phone: (516) 663-4931
Fax:     (516) 663-9718
xxxxxx@winthrop.org

From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Terri Fayle
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 11:34 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] IRB review of Outside/External Protocols

Happy Monday All.

I was hoping you might have some guidance regarding our IRB reviewing a protocol for an outside (external to the university) organization.  Our institution has no involvement with the protocol at all.  If you have any guidelines or things to be cautious of, I would appreciate it.

Terri.

Terri L. Fayle
Assistant Director
Sponsored Programs
WDE 1800
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO
660-543-8165
xxxxxx@ucmo.edu
http://www.ucmo.edu/x22653.xml

"A customer who complains is my best friend"  Stew Leonard