Re: Grants.gov Adobe forms questions Jon Teuber 30 Jan 2008 11:42 EST

Priscilla,

Good question - I had the same thought and will be interested to see the
response.  We rely on using Adobe Professional at all our desktops and as a
small research admin office, it doesn't make sense to have all g.g submissions
go through one person's computer loaded with only the correct software.  If
the system is going to continue to work as this thread indicates it will, I'm
thinking about having our office set up an additional computer to be a
grants.gov submission-only workstation in time for the transition.

Others?

Jon Teuber
Northeastern Illinois University
Chicago IL

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:45:47 -0500, Priscilla Kimboko <xxxxxx@GVSU.EDU>
wrote:

>I'm curious how many other universities have computers dedicated solely to
grants submission activities?  It seems to me that expecting someone to have
a computer with no version of Adobe than Adobe Reader 8.1.1 is unrealistic.
Our office use Adobe Professional 6.0 and could easily upgrade to Adobe
Professional 8.0, but we do need the capacity to edit various PDF documents,
create forms, and other such actions on the same computer that is used for
grants submissions...