Re: Grants.gov Adobe forms questions Dimmitt, Robert J 24 Jan 2008 17:10 EST

Bob,

Thanks for the link.  I had not seen that.  You are correct that you did
not say "grants.gov help desk", however, shouldn't the responses from
grants.gov help desk be correct and accurate and be the same as the
response one would get if able to talk directly to grants.gov Washington
staff?  In all the grants.gov presentations I have been to with the
Washington staff, we are constantly told to send questions to the
grants.gov help desk.  If getting accurate (correct) answers can only
come from the Washington staff, then we need to have their contact
information.

Finally, you are also correct that everything published says ADOBE
READER 8.1.1, however, it does not become sufficient guidance when you
are contacting the appropriate resources, in an attempt to clarify, and
they are giving information as is illustrated by my examples below.
Please know that I specifically clarified that I see it says READER, but
asked would ACROBAT PROFESSIONAL be ok and the response was YES with the
explanation given below.

Please do not take the comments as being directed at you.  As every user
on this list serve would probably agree that you are a wonderful liaison
between the users of the system and grants.gov.  I think in all
honestly, my frustrations with this adobe system is that it appears we
have taken a step back.  I just hope that the concerns of users like me
are being heard.

Thanks again for the link and guidance.

Rob
xxxxxx@purdue.edu