Re: Allowable Direct Charges - Computer Costs Charlie Hathaway 24 Jan 2008 10:30 EST

While the general, admittedly simplistic, principle is to charge only for
what is actually needed to do the work, there is another issue, distinct
from the allowable cost question, that could damage reviews: people
requesting computers in budgets and simultaneously praising the
institutional resources available, INCLUDING computer availability, on a
resources/physical environment page.  Beware blind use of boilerplates.

Charlie

> All,
>

> I am looking for institutional policies on allowable direct charges to
sponsored agreements.  I am especially interested in how other
> institutions handle computer costs charged to sponsored agreements.  Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.