faculty watching Grants.gov Stakeholder Webcast Bob Beattie 16 Jan 2008 15:00 EST

Debbie, why would you want any faculty to sit through that?  Anything
relevant to them can be summarized into a couple of paragraphs for
them to read.

I had great reception and watched it all, to what purpose?  Some
interesting items for administrators. You can watch the archived
version and let the faculty stay in the labs.  I am probably the only
person at Michigan who watched it and I will send out the essence to
our Grants.gov list.  In a couple of paragraphs or sentences :)

The biggest point was the transition time line to Adobe.  R01's in
June and July with Adobe.  Second, the possible corruption of an
Adobe file if different versions of reader are used on it.  For those
that watched, is there anything  else important for PI's and their
staff, that I missed?

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu

On Jan 16, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Smith, Debbie L wrote:

Be glad you missed it!  Our reception was terrible when we finally
got in, and the information was not what we expected.  Next time,
we're going to wait for it to be posted on the web and watch it
before we invite our faculty.

Deborah (Debbie) L. Smith, Ed.D.
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research
Office of Research Administration