Fwd: For-profit FAR clauses Patrick Brown 15 Jan 2008 14:15 EST

Hi all,

Does anyone have any input regarding the question below about FAR
clauses from a for-profit prime flowing down to a non-profit academic
sub awardee?  We understand that the for-profit FAR clauses do not
apply to us as a non-profit but the prime says they do.

Thanks for any input.

Patrick

>Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:07:59 -0600
>To: xxxxxx@olemiss.edu
>From: John Anderson <xxxxxx@olemiss.edu>
>Subject: For-profit FAR clauses
>
>Pat,
>We are negotiating a subcontract from a for-profit company who
>insist that they must flow down the identical for-profit FAR clauses
>in their prime contract to all subcontracts. As a non-profit
>academic institution, it is my understanding that the for-profit FAR
>clauses are not intended for us. Can you provide authoritative
>verification and/or cite references to help resolve this issue?
>Thanks for your help.
>John Anderson
>Research Associate
>University of Mississippi