Re: Back up documentation for expenses Surprenant, James M. 07 Nov 2007 15:14 EST

Hi Marie,

In each institution I've worked at, original receipts were always required for
reimbursement from sponsored funds.

Good luck,
James

James M. Surprenant, MBA
Partners Research Management
50 Staniford Street, S50-1057-D
Boston, Massachusetts 02114
Tel: 617-643-4386  ~   Fax: 617-726-2796
xxxxxx@partners.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Marie Smith
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:01 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Back up documentation for expenses

We are in the process of reviewing our institutional policies, and I
have a quick (hopefully simple) question for my esteemed colleagues - Do
you require original receipts as back up for expenses reimbursement or
do you allow copies of the receipts to be submitted?

Thanks for your help.

Marie

***************************************
Marie F. Smith, CRA
Grants Administrator
Compliance Officer
Institute of Ecosystem Studies
PO Box AB, 65 Sharon Turnpike
Millbrook, NY 12545
Phone: 845-677-7600 x202
Fax: 845-677-5976
E-mail: xxxxxx@ecostudies.org
Internet:  http://www.ecostudies.org

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.