Re: Institute of Education Sciences and Indirect Question Anna Dore 27 Sep 2007 11:34 EST

I recently worked with a PI submitting to IES under a program that strongly
suggested the off-campus rate.  If I remember correctly, they had language
in the RFP that specifically allowed use of the on-campus rate only if 75%
of the work was being done on-campus.  In my case, the project was secondary
data analysis, so it was easily justified to use the full on-campus rate.
The project hasn't been funded, so I can't actually answer your question,
but we're trying!

Anna R. Dore
(617) 552-8259
xxxxxx@bc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Kris A. Monahan
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:47 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Institute of Education Sciences and Indirect Question

Has anyone ever received funding from Institute of Education Sciences
through the Department of Education? If so, were you funded at your full
on-campus indirect rate or did you receive an off-campus rate?  IES seems to
push using the off-campus rate even though we all know field work does not
necessarily meet the definition of "off-campus".  Just wondering if anyone
has actually been funded at the full on-campus rate.

Kris A. Monahan
Director of Pre-Award Services
Wellesley Centers for Women
www.wcwonline.org