Re: NEH Summer Stipends Robert Beattie 23 Aug 2007 14:37 EST

Registering as an individual is much different than doing an
institutional registration.  You go to a special place in the CCR and
register for just that one program.  You get a password.  Very easy.
Grants Office staff should try it so you can advise people.

The applications also do not ask any info about the institution such
as EIN or DUNS.  They do ask for congressional district, not so hard
to know, even for a faculty member.  THere is two pages of a 424 with
just things like name and address, project title and description.
Can be done in a couple of minutes.  Then another form to upload the
text.

This could all be done by someone in the Grants Office but you cannot
use your AOR name and address, you would have to get one for each
person you are submitting.

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu

On Aug 23, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Ware, Jeanne wrote:

I emailed NEH to ask if off the two faculty we would be nominating,
if they could just do it through my office since to make a faculty
member get onto Grants.gov and all seems an enormous waste of their
time.  Since they are required to be nominated anyway and also are
required to include things like the FEID and Congressional District
information, it makes sense for the application to be submitted
through our office but “by them” if that makes sense… I just am not
thrilled (I don’t know how everyone else feels) about faculty (FT or
otherwise) creating Grants.gov accounts.  How often would we get
calls for help anyway?

I’m probably being negative and a control freak here, but I would
rather they just provide the attachments to me and I do the uploading
and submitting for them.

Thanks,

Jeanne

Office of Research Programs and Services

New College of Florida

http://www.ncf.edu/orps/

"Get all your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you
please." --Mark Twain