Re: Is it just me? Lenox, Janis 26 Jul 2007 09:43 EST

It is because of the freedom to respond in both fun and serious modes
that build the camaraderie for all of us.  If there is something that
I'm not interested in and the emails continue, I just delete.  Not that
hard with today's computers.

I would say, yes, today it is just you.  I found the emails this morning
funny and I really needed to laugh.

thanks

Janis Lenox, Director, Contracts & Grants
Northern California Institute
 for Research and Education (NCIRE)
4150 Clement Street, NC-151
San Francisco, CA 94121-1545
Office: 415-750-6954, ext. 5536
Fax: 415-750-9358
Email:  xxxxxx@ncire.org
website: www.ncire.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Michelle Lewis
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:33 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Is it just me?

I find this listserv to be awesome because if an essential question is
posed we all demonstrate our camaraderie as Research Administrators by
helping someone out with a meaningful response despite our limited time
in our daily professions.  The wealth of information that all of you
provide/share is exceedingly helpful and the knowledge base of the
participants of this listserv shines through.  For that, I am grateful
and will continue to be an active member of this listserv.

With that said however, I find it to be unnecessarily disruptive to keep
"replying-all" to non-essential topics that just clutter our inboxes
with topics, which quite frankly can be discussed directly (offline)
with the person(s) who initiated the joke/pastime story/etc.  I think we
can all agree that we are all the victims of being stressed, overworked,
(some underpaid), and in need of some much needed TLC but I don't see
why days later we are still addressing and replying to these topics.  Is
it just me?

I am not directing this to anyone in particular, but I'd rather be
disrupted to read something that will teach me something and add to my
knowledge base as an Administrator rather than being "a part" of a
session of which I have no interest.

My apologies if I have offended anyone and if you have issues with this
correspondence feel free to respond to me directly if it suits you.
However, it is my opinion that we can utilize this awesome resource more
responsibly and with more consideration.

Michelle A. Lewis