FW: Grants.gov Stakeholder Webcast Question Kristen Wolff 18 Jul 2007 17:18 EST

Dear All,
Here is the reply I just received from Grants.gov support.  It looks
like an automated response as it doesn't address my questions regarding
Reader vs. Acrobat.  Just wanted to share.

Kris

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxxx@grants.gov [mailto:xxxxxx@grants.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:11 PM
To: Kristen Wolff
Subject: RE: Grants.gov Stakeholder Webcast Question

Thank you for contacting Grants.gov Customer Support.

Adobe is aware of several issues with Adobe Reader when used with
Grants.gov application forms and is working closely with Grants.gov to
remedy these issues. These problems will be fixed in a future version of
Adobe Reader.
Applicants should be aware that Grants.gov forms have been tested with
and are compatible only with Adobe Reader version 7.0.9. Using Adobe
Reader 8.0 or 8.1 may cause the application to fail validation after
submission and thus be rejected by Grants.gov.
Agencies and applicants should also be aware that application packages
can become quite large with Acrobat Reader 7.0.9 if saved repeatedly
from within a Web browser. Although this does not affect the
application, it may take longer than expected to submit, and those with
dial-up Internet connections may experience time-outs waiting for
applications to upload. If possible, please use a high-speed Internet
connection to make your application submissions to Grants.gov.

Thank you,

Grants.gov Customer Support
1-800-518-4726

HHS105