Re: Grants.gov and Adobe Acrobat Robert Beattie 18 Jul 2007 14:22 EST

During this time of transition (albeit slow) from PureEdge Forms to
Adobe Forms it will be very important for our discussions to
differentiate between the two systems.  Dawn gives us some useful
information but we need to clarify her pronouns :)

The "it" in the first sentence below must refer to an Adobe Forms
application.  The current information on  the Grants.gov site says
that the Adobe Forms system works only with Adobe 7.0.9.  None of us
are currently submitting applications with Adobe Forms so not much to
worry about.  I am sure that by the time  the major agencies have
Adobe Forms applications, Adobe Company will have worked out the bugs.

For a PureEdge Forms application (Mac or non-Mac) _any_ Adobe
created .pdf attachment should work, there are no warnings about this.

The "it" in the second sentence refers to the current PureEdge Forms
system.  Strange as it seems, the Macs are working fine, but Windows
based machines cannot have Vista.  This is well documented on the
Grants.gov FAQ website.  The "it" may also refer to the Adobe Forms
systems but no need to worry about that yet.
------------------------------
Is Microsoft Windows Vista a supported platform for use with Grants.gov?
Grants.gov is committed to providing support for operating platforms
used by the grant applicant community. The upcoming release of an
enhanced version of our website will allow users of Macintosh and
Linux operating systems to submit grant applications through the use
of native Adobe Reader software on their computer. However, Windows
Vista is not an officially supported platform of Grants.gov at this
stage. Evaluation of Windows Vista's compatibility is in the planning
stages and further information will be posted when available. File
extensions currently not compatible
include: .pptx, .xlsx, .docx, .docm, .dotm, .dotx, .potm, .potx

------------------------------

So another rule of operations for the listserv besides do not send
"me too" messages.  Please be clear if your comments about Grants.gov
refer to the current PureEdge version or about the slowly forthcoming
Adobe Forms version.  Do you mean Adobe to create attachments for
PureEdge or Adobe to make an application.

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu

On Jul 18, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Dawn Hewitt wrote:

I just returned from NCURA's PRA meeting.  We were told you can create a
document in any version of Adobe but it can only be submitted thru
Grants.gov with 7.0.9.

We were also told it will not work on systems that support VISTA.

It also appears that there may not be a problem with another version
until
after the submission which then comes back with errors.