Re: Grants.gov and Adobe Acrobat Kristen Wolff 18 Jul 2007 13:42 EST

Hi Bob, no, we're not doing it yet, but the question came up here (they
just installed Adobe Acrobat Standard 8 on all our computers this
morning) and I couldn't find an answer on Grants.gov.  Just being
proactive - and curious!
Kris

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Robert Beattie
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:11 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov and Adobe Acrobat

I think the Adobe 8 caution was for applications using Adobe forms.
Are you submitting these now?  I do not think it had to do with
creating attachments for PureEdge forms.

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu

On Jul 18, 2007, at 1:49 PM, Kristen Wolff wrote:

Hi All,

I've emailed this to the support at Grants.gov, but while I'm waiting
for them to respond, perhaps some of you know the answer.

In a recent technical alert (July 9) they cautioned that Adobe Reader
above 7.0.9 would cause problems with submitting the G.g application
packages.  But I see no mention of Adobe Acrobat.  We here all have
Acrobat Standard 8 - does anyone know if the problem is just with
Reader, or extends to Acrobat too?

Thanks in advance!

Kris

Kris Wolff, MA, CRA

Sponsored Projects Officer

Office for Research and Sponsored Projects Administration

Arizona State University

(480)965-0729

fax: (480)965-0669