Re: A grants.gov flaw? Bloomberg, Robert 11 Jul 2007 11:45 EST

Rob,

Thanks for the information!  Would you mind if I used your example and name when contacting g.g re this?

Thanks.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org]On Behalf
Of Dimmitt, Robert J
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:42 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] A grants.gov flaw?

Bob,

A very similar situation happened with us.  I can not remember the
sponsor but can find out if want that information.  For us, the error
was our duns number was keyed incorrectly, however, we did not know
there was a problem until several months after submission when our
faculty member called the sponsor to check on the status and found out
they never received the proposal.  We scoured our emails, but never
found an email from grants.gov regarding the error. In our case, the
sponsor was not willing to accept our proposal.

Rob

Rob Dimmitt
Assistant Director, Pre-Award Services
Sponsored Program Services
Purdue University
302 Wood Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2108
Phone: (765) 496-9647     Fax: (765) 494-1360