Re: what's in the Fed Id field Donahue, Sherie (LLU) 06 Jul 2007 15:44 EST

As it is now past the deadline (July 5), the Grants.gov number and
original submission date should be referenced in the cover letter, along
with the changes that were made for the re-submission of this grant.
This is a "reason for consideration" as to why the grant is technically
late. As all of the July 5 grants are renewals are resubmissions of an
earlier grant proposal, they should include the NIH core grant number as
the Federal Identifier.

As I said in a previous response, we received an error in the Commons
when we used the grants.gov number on the second try of a submission.
Here is the actual error message:
"Federal Identifier format (SF 424 RR Cover page) is not valid. Please
include only the IC and serial number of the prior grant number (e.g.,
CA123456).- Error"

Sherie

PS: If this was a re-submission of a grant marked new (that was the June
5 round), then the grants.gov number would be in the federal identifier
field.

Sherie Donahue, MS
Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Research Affairs
Loma Linda University
Loma Linda, CA 92350
909/558-8544
909/558-0244 (fax)