Re: what's in the Fed Id field Bonnie Kwit 05 Jul 2007 15:59 EST

Your right, no where.  But, when submitting a change/corrected application
many times, I always use the preceeding g.g tracking #.

If before deadline any change they want to make I'll do.  Haven't run up
against anything after deadline.

Bonnie Kwit
Grants & Contracts Officer
Oakland University
544 O'Dowd Hall
(248) 370-4116

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Robert Beattie
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:48 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] what's in the Fed Id field

Here is my cheat sheet for what to put in the Federal Identifier
field for NIH

New Application
First submission -- nothing in the Federal Identifier field
Corrected submissions (NIH errors or PI/SO rejection) --  Grants.gov
tracking number ( I use the original one if more than one correction
is needed)

Not a New Application (resubmission, etc)
First  submission -- NIH Grant number:  2 letter institute code and 6
digits, including a preceding zero
Corrected submission -- NIH Grant number:  2 letter institute code
and 6 digits, including a preceding zero

That seems pretty easy.  So the correct answer to my question below, is
no where :)

Also, always reject an accepted "imaged" application, before you
submit a corrected (or perhaps just changed) version.  This is the
safest procedure, even though the system might automatically replace
with a new version.

Do grants office staff allow PI's to make cosmetic and other non-
error-fixing changes to imaged applications PRIOR to the deadline, or
do you only reject and accept a new one if there is an error/
problem.  Do you use different criteria if after the deadline?

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu