Re: Best Practices for handling non-compliance/delinquent reports Jean M. Murphy 20 Jun 2007 14:59 EST

Just catching up on my list serve reading so I am a little late in this
response.  Yes it is a fact.  It is in the Far Labor Standards Act.  Once
a person has performed work for a certain time period, the employer is
required to pay them within a certain amount of time.  The quality of
performance is a separate matter that has to be addressed through internal
performance evaluation and progressive discipline actions rather than by
docking pay.
Jean

Research Administration Discussion List <xxxxxx@hrinet.org> on Tuesday,
June 05, 2007 at 8:12 AM -0500 wrote:
>Esteria,
>
>Did you exempt payroll from the lock?  I’ve been told by HR people that
>you can’t withhold someone’s paycheck or dock their pay for late
>reports…have been told that’s illegal, but have no reference to law.
>Anyone know if that’s a fact?
>

>Barbara H. Gray
>
>Director of Grants & Contracts
>
>Valdosta State University
>
>1500 North Patterson Street
>
>Valdosta, GA  31698-0429
>

>Telephone:  229-333-7837
>
>Fax:  229-245-3853
>
>Email:  xxxxxx@valdosta.edu

Jean M. Murphy
Director of Pre-Award Services
Wellesley Centers for Women
http://www.wcwonline.org
E-mail:  xxxxxx@wellesley.edu      Phone:  781-283-2508     Fax:
781-283-2504

Wellesley College, Cheever House, 106 Central Street, Wellesley, MA  02481