Re: Funding Service Providers Dingler,Mary A 19 Jun 2007 07:44 EST

I am a long-term user of SPIN and I like it.  I agree with the comments
from Tracy regarding the fact that some faculty are not pleased with the
hits they hit.  It takes a little working with it but well worth it, in
my opinion.

Mary A. Dingler
Grants Coordinator
Research Services and Sponsored Programs
The University of Akron
Akron, OH  44325-2102
330-972-7774
xxxxxx@uakron.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Tracy Springberry
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:03 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Funding Service Providers

We use SPIN from InfoEd and it works just fine.

However, I'm also at a PUI and what I've discovered is that most faculty

did not take the initiative to sign up for the service and are often
disgruntled at all the hits they get.  What I do is get all the alerts
myself and send the appropriate announcements to faculty and
departments.  We do have some gung-ho faculty who do use it however.  I
think SPIN is worth it for the alerts I get which makes my job faster
and simpler and the easy searching available to me and other members of
the university community.

Tracy

Vogrig, Cheryl wrote:

> I have been tasked to provide an evaluation of service providers that
> enable faculty to create a profile and have funding notices
> sent automatically to them.  I am from a PUI and although funds are
> tight, I have a new dean that is interested in purchasing one of these

> services.  I am aware of IRIS.  Any others that you've had experience
> with would be most helpful
>

> Thanks, Cheryl
>
> "The wealthiest person is a man with a satisfied mind"
>                                                       __Marty Stuart
> Cheryl S. Vogrig, CRA
> Director, The Office of Grants & Contracts
> The Office of Grants and Contracts, 425 Dixon Hall
> California University of Pennsylvania
> 724-938-1662 or 724-938-6034
> xxxxxx@cup.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@cup.edu>

via
> our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv Lists")

Tracy Springberry
Associate for Grant Development and Communication
Eastern Washington University
SHW 210, 526 5th Street, Cheney, WA  99004
xxxxxx@ewu.edu
(509)359-4846
http://www.ewu.edu/grants

Please let me know if you would like to write a grant proposal.

"One must philosophize and at the same time laugh, and take care of
one's household."   Epicurus