Re: NSF Required Fonts - Problems?? Elizabeth C. Lieberman 21 May 2007 21:02 EST

Barbara,
I don't think your reading of the NSF font requirements is correct.  They
say:
*****
An Arial, Helvetica, Palatino (for Machintosh), Palatino Linotype (for
Windows), Computer Modern (TeX only), or Georgia typeface, a black font
color, and a font size of 10 points or larger must be used. (A Symbol font
may be used to insert Greek letters or special characters; however, the
font size requirement still applies.)
*****
I interpret this to mean that PC users can choose Arial, Helvetica,
Palatino Linotype, or Georgia; Mac users can choose Arial, Helvetica,
Palatino, or Georgia.  That gives more choices than you thought.

I hope I've interpreted the guidelines correctly!
Liz
Liz Lieberman
Director, Office of Sponsored Research
Assistant Dean of the College
Wellesley College
106 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02481-8203
Phone: (781) 283-3587;  Fax: (781) 283-3695
E-mail: xxxxxx@wellesley.edu

Research Administration Discussion List <xxxxxx@hrinet.org> on Monday,