Re: Effort for the Postdoc Researcher Evelyn J. Ford 11 Apr 2007 16:51 EST

If this researcher is not spending 100% of his time on furthering and meeting
the specific aims of the R01, then he shouldn't be paid 100% from the grant: The
department/school/university needs to support the percent of effort spent
writing grants and teaching, neither of which are allowable as direct costs on
an R01.  -- Evelyn

Evelyn J. Ford
Director, Sponsored Research
Center for Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics
School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
103C Blockley Hall
423 Guardian Drive
Philadelphia PA 19104-6021
voice 215.573.1360      fax 215.573.5518
xxxxxx@mail.med.upenn.edu
http://www.cceb.upenn.edu/