Re: NSF Grants.gov submissions Amy Cuhel-Schuckers 04 Apr 2007 10:31 EST

Error messages: Before submission to Grants.gov, you have the
opportunity to click on the button titled 'Check Package for Errors'
located at the upper right of the main page of the Pure Edge Grant
Application package. If you have failed to input items in any of the
fill-in-able boxes, this will count as an error that you must correct
before the 'Submit' button becomes active.

I don't know what happens if you have failed to upload a required
document, but I think if there was no upload document that you would be
given an error message. You will NOT get an error message, however, if
you submitted a 31 page document instead of, for example, a required 30
page narrative.

Disappearing proposals: We recently had a proposal stuck in never-never
land between Grants.gov and US Ed.   Grants.gov assigned its number to
our proposal, and ostensibly transferred it to US Ed listing a date/time
stamp of when our proposal had been received by the agency. However, US
Ed hadn't assigned a tracking number (we could see this by checking the
'Check Application Status' chart when we logged in). So we first
e-mailed Grants.gov, got an auto reply but no follow up. So we e-mailed
the agency explaining the situation and were told that without a
tracking number they could not access our proposal. Then we called
Grants.gov, whereupon we were told that since the proposal had been
passed to the agency it was out of their hands, but they assigned a case
number. [Talk about a catch 22!] We then e-mailed the agency contact
again, and attached a print screen showing the Grants.gov 'Check
Application Status' window. Finally, we got a reply stating that that
particular US Ed department does not send a receipt, but that they had
our proposal for $xxxxx and gave us the tracking number for that
proposal. TO THIS DAY, the 'Check Application Status' window at
Grants.gov does NOT indicate this tracking number for the proposal in
question....

Amy Cuhel-Schuckers
SUNY Fredonia