Re: Grant funds and sabbatical question Bonnie Kwit 04 Apr 2007 07:04 EST

I think you need to contact the agency if he/she will be gone 3 months or
more.

Bonnie Kwit
Grants & Contracts Officer
Oakland University
544 O'Dowd Hall
(248) 370-4116
-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
McGinnis, David
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:24 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Grant funds and sabbatical question

Greetings all - I could use some help in how to handle the following
situation.  We have federal (DOE) funding for a particular faculty member
who has 2/9th summer salary and 1/3 academic year release time built into
the budget.  He has been called up by the National Guard for summer duty and
will not be here to conduct the research.  And, he has applied for
sabbatical for next academic year (the university policy is for 75% of
salary to be paid while on sabbatical).

How do we handle his grant funds for the summer and academic year given the
situation described above?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Cheers,
Dave

Dr. David McGinnis
Co-Director, Grants and Sponsored Programs
Montana State University-Billings
1500 University Drive
Billings, MT 59101
Office: 406-657-2340